Academic Program Advisor for Education Abroad - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Student Aca...
Academic Program Advisor for Education Abroad
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Student Academic Affairs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Academic Program Advisor for Education Abroad will assist the Director of Education Abroad in managing the global initiatives of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, supporting LAS programs abroad; supporting the internationalization goals of LAS units and the College’s goal to increase the study abroad participation rate.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide student advising for study abroad as related to goals of Life +Career Design Initiative including the review of student applications, liaison with financial aid.
- Assist with the development of semester based programs abroad and short-term faculty-led courses abroad, and academic enrichment programs for international partners and students.
- Work with LAS Communication & Marketing team to create communication and marketing materials.
- Will be required to work nights and weekends while chaperoning faculty-led programs, if needed.
- Assist in coordination of incoming exchange programs and advising of students.
- Assist LAS Study Abroad Scholarship processing including initial review of applications.
- Participate in the shared responsibilities within LAS SAAO, including walk-in advising, academic progress review, planning for and assessment of office impact, and LAS student recruitment-orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the fields of International Education or Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- One year of experience in international education or advising.
- Project management experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience organizing multiple, simultaneous international educational experiences.
- Experience developing marketing materials, procedure manuals and forms.
- Experience with international study, living, and/or travel.
- Demonstrated effective public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and also to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with culturally diverse groups.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, 12- month position. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by July 30, 2019. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-6747. For further information on this specific position, please contact the search committee at [email protected].
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Academic Program Advisor for Education Abroad - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Student Academic Affairs (116289) Open Date:07/16/2019 Organization Name:Student Admissn Oth