Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illnois Extension - Arlington Heights, IL (118898)
Extension Program Coordinator – University of Illinois Extension
Unit 6 Cluster – Arlington Heights, IL (Cook County – Unit 6)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
(Specialty Factor) Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in agriculture and/or natural resources.
Primary Position Function/Summary: The Extension Program Coordinator will support and assist in the management of the Master Gardener Volunteer programs and other Horticulture Extension related programs for adults and youth. The EPC will work collaboratively with the Horticulture Educators in carrying out program duties.
- Responsible for Master Gardener applications, interview, orientation, and the integration of new Master Gardener interns into the Master Gardener program.
- Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate trainings, continuing education; meeting held at various locations and includes arranging room, preparing in advance and follow up to meetings and training.
- Assist in the coordinating the dissemination of program efforts and information; this invoices site visits, getting horticulture materials from point A to point B.
- Demonstrate basic horticulture activity (planting and assisting other therein; to groups of youth, senior’s citizens, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling of volunteer activities for Master Gardeners.
- Ensure proper communication among Master Gardener volunteers and volunteer organizations and events (is the first responders and go-to person to address questions and concerns, with minimal supervision from the program educator).
- Networks with horticultural and environmental organizations to develop volunteer opportunities for Master Gardeners.
- Intake, assess, prioritize program requests from clients.
- Assists in formulating and insuring the implementation of standard operating procedures for program activities, including University of Illinois Extension “Risk Management” guidelines to insure the safety and welfare of volunteers and of participants.
- Enter and maintain a database of Master Gardener’s profiles, including volunteer hours, project, and continuing education.
- Prepare timely, Master Gardener reports of accomplishments to share with County Director and council members.
- In coordination with the County Director and/or Educator, participate in planning of Extension unit programs.
- Work with the Horticulture Educator to assess horticulture-programming needs and coordinate educational programs in West Suburban area of Cook County.
- Assist in the coordinating the dissemination of program efforts and horticulture information to the public and targeted audiences.
- Assist in the recognition, marketing and promotion of Extension programs in Cook County.
- Assist in securing funds to develop and deliver programs to meet the needs of the communities.
- Assist in carrying out grants received for Extension programs.
- Support with following procurement procedures.
- Participates in staff development and professional development opportunities as prescribed to maintain professional competence, pending funding. These will include local, regional, and state.
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work.
- Complies with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports.
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activitiesA. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activitiesB. College coursework in any field of study· 60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)· 90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)· 120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months
3. (Specialty Factor) Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in volunteer management, working with youth audiences, and/or developing youth programming.
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.55 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for EXTENSION PROGRAM COORDINATOR – Arlington Heights, IL Ext. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Extension Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illnois Extension - Arlington Heights, IL (118898) Open Date:08/01/2019 Close Date:08/08/2019 Organization Name:Cook County Initiative