Instructor I. Computer Networking and Troubleshooting #999905
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
Teach, advise, register and tutor students in Computer Networking and Troubleshooting Technology (CNTT) students including Dual Enrolled students. Maintain office hours. Teach extended day classes, labs, and hybrid/online courses as required. Help coordinate and attend advisory committee meetings. Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences to upgrade teaching skills. Assist in the development of curriculum as needed. Perform related duties as required. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, weekend, and summer classes on the LIT campus and at our Early College High School campuses.
Major Essential Job:
1.Advise, register, tutor and recruit students.
2.Maintain office hours.
3.Teach classes during the fall, spring, and summer semesters as required by the department (May include day, evening, weekend and Early College High School).
4.Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills.
5.Assist in the development of curriculum as needed.
6.Research and implement solutions to issues in program computer labs.
7.Awareness of national issues and trends in computer networking and education.
8.Willing to develop skills necessary to teach on-line courses.
9.Perform related duties as required.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Minimum Education Required:Associate’s degree in Computer Networking or related field.
Multiple industry certifications in the areas taught in the CNTT program.
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum three (3) years experience working in a computer networking related field.
Industry certification in at least one of the areas taught in the CNTT program.
•Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
•Actively engage students in the learning process.
•Effectively recruit and retain students.
•Ability to work well in a team environment.
•Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
•Possess good time management skills.
•Maintain ethical and professional behavior.
•Aware of national issues and trends.
•Assist in the maintenance of classroom and lab equipment.
•Ability to perform basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
•Familiarity with policies and procedures contained in TSUS and LIT Policies and Procedures Manual.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Capable of lifting 25 pounds and other equipment typically found in a classroom.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Education Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking or related field preferred.
Multiple industry certifications in the areas taught in the CNTT program are preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Details Open Date07/12/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you received?
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree in Computer Networking or a related field?
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the Community College or Technical College level?
- 6 or more
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a computer networking related field?
- No experience
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5+ years
- * Please list all CNTT industry certifications that you are certified in to teach.
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Interest
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae