Tax Accountant - Tax Office
DescriptionThe Corporate Tax Office operates to provide direct tax consulting and compliance support to all university departments including Legal, H/R and any other office needing tax support. Additionally, as it relates to tax compliance, the Tax Office manages all tax areas with the exception of payroll and encompasses both domestic and international matters. Our primary role is to keep the university in good standing with tax compliance for all federal, state, local and international taxing jurisdictions.
The primary responsibility for this tax position is to provide tax compliance support under supervision from the Sr. Tax Accountant along with interaction with the Tax Director. This position will play a key role in interacting with the Investment Office for K-1 activities and other various University departments to gather and inquire about related tax information as it pertains to the compliance calendar.
- 3-4 year’s experience working in a fast-paced corporate or Public Accounting environment.
- Knowledge and use of Corporate tax preparation software.
- Partnership experience and knowledge of K-1’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or Finance.
- Organization Skills and the ability to work independently.
- Writing & Communication Skills to help facilitate tax compliance activities.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities to meet monthly deadlines.
- Driven to further education in either CPA or MST program.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
During limited peak deadline times there are extended workdays that will create workweeks between 40-45 hours.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Finance and Accounting
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2019, 8:33:15 AM