Financial Analyst II (Cobb County Research Facility)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Compile financial data and conduct analyses, reconciliations and projections in support of an academic, research or administrative unit. Prepare financially related reports. Areas of involvement may include costs studies, budget forecasts and pricing.Major Responsibilities:
- Determine, develop and organize data required for assignments.
- Perform required data entry, calculations, estimates, reconciliations, etc. consistent with assignment parameters.
- Prepare reports including charts, graphs, schedules, etc. that effectively present assignment results.
- Provide explanations of methodology employed as required.
- Remain current on financial reporting requirements, applicable regulations, processes, etc.
- May provide work direction to lower level financial personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field.
- Work Experience: Three to four years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires knowledge of the application of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices; financial analysis and forecasting techniques; use of specialized financial/accounting related software; communications and presentation skills. Use of business and financial related computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: MBA
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Professional certification in accounting or financial analysis.
- Preferred Skills: Application of specialized skills within a university or government agency environment; ability to apply knowledge of regulations and reporting requirements specific to area of involvement.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: campus financial personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: campus financial personnel. This position will supervise: NA.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2019, 1:47:32 PM