Assistant Athletic Trainer
Locations:: Franklin, MA
Posted:: Jul 16, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Academic Year
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity for academic and personal success. A uniquely supportive community since 1865, Dean has woven together extensive student support and engagement with exceptional teaching and innovative campus activities. Our graduates are lifetime learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership. This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The individual will assist the Director of Sports Medicine in all aspects of the Sports Medicine program.
Assistant Athletic Trainer Job Duties:
- In consultation with the Director of Sports Medicine, design and implement preseason and summer exercise and rehabilitation programs for student-athletes with past injury histories and test results that warrant such programs;
- In consultation with the Director of Sports Medicine, upgrade rehabilitation programs, as needed, according to periodic reevaluation of injured athletes;
- Maintain individual student-athlete treatment files with regard to testing, prevention, and rehabilitation programs; training-room visits; athletic injury reports; and other data files;
- Supervise the athletic training room in the absence of the Director of Sports Medicine and maintain regular hours in the training room as assigned;
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine in assigning and supervising protocols to be carried out by student trainers;
- Provide treatment and first aid services for athletic events as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine;
- Attend practices and home and away events as assigned, providing student-athlete health advice to coaches and training services to student-athletes;
- Execute all instructions and recommendations of team physicians;
- Produce reports as requested by the Director of Sports Medicine, coaches, or administrators;
- Demonstrate knowledge in evaluation and treatment of common injuries, rehabilitation protocols, prevention programs, and testing techniques and procedures;
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professional behavior in day-to-day relationships with student-athletes and coaches;
- Maintain required confidentiality related to student-athletes' health information;
- Develop an exemplary level of confidence on the part of coaches and student-athletes for his or her professional knowledge and the performance of student trainers under his or her supervision;
- Complete other duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer.
- Master's Degree required in athletic training required;
- NATA Certified, Massachusetts license, Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR/First Aid, preferred.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on this link.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Provisional Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.