Asst. Dir. Compliance, Athletics
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position Number01032WRole Code TitleAdmin & Office Specialist IIIPosition TitleAsst. Dir. Compliance, AthleticsPosition Summary
The Asst. Director of Compliance assists with the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Services office. This position will coordinate all aspects of NCAA Division I Compliance for assigned sports and departments. Areas of focus will include but are not limited to: NCAA rules education and research, initial and continuing eligibility, monitoring and disbursement of financial aid, monitoring of playing seasons, awards and benefits, tracking and documenting all recruiting related activities, and completing national reporting. Additional duties within the department may be assigned.Required Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and strong presentation skills with the ability to present clear and accurate information.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to interpret and apply NCAA rules and regulations and demonstrates the ability to identify need for corrective action and develop alternatives.
• Demonstrated ability to manage work load and meet deadlines and make decisions within prescribed scope of authority.
• Strong working knowledge of MS office;
• Experience with NCAA databases and websites (e.g. LSDBi, Compliance Assistant, Requests/Self-Reports Online).
• Experience in athletic coaching, administration or as a student-athlete.
• Experience working in a compliance office at a NCAA Division I member institution, conference office, and/or the National Office.
• Experience working in a compliance office at a NCAA II, or Division III member institution, and/or conference office.
• NAAC Certification.
U07Job Open Date05/07/2019Review Begin Date05/19/2019Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesEmployment CategoryOperational FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:
• Ability to travel and attend competitions at night and on weekends when required.
• Commitment to confidentiality is essential, as this position will be required to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
• This is a restricted position subject to the availability of funding.EEO Statement
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please provide an example of an interpretation response that you have or would provide to a coach regarding a recruiting legislation question
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc