PART-TIME ASSISTANT COACH – TRACK & FIELD
El Camino College
PART-TIME ASSISTANT COACH – TRACK & FIELD
Division: Health Sciences & Athletics
Extended Closing Date: August 5, 2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Part time assignment as Men's and Women's Track & Field Coach and instructor in physical education. Duties include assisting with the coordination of all aspects of practice and competition. Recruitment of high school athletes under the rules and regulations of the State Athletic Code. Advise and assist student athletes in achieving stated academic objectives and transfer to four-year institutions. Coordinate off-season training; supervise team budgets and purchase of equipment, organization of fundraising, marketing and promotion as needed within the program.
Faculty job responsibilities include the development/review of curriculum and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College’s mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
• Master's degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercises or adaptive physical education; OR
• Any Bachelor's degree or higher AND two (2) years of professional experience; OR
• Any Associate's degree AND six (6) years of professional experience; OR
• The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
• Valid California Community college instructor credential in appropriate subject (per California Education Code 87355 issued prior to July 1, 1990); AND
• Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, and of individuals with disabilities.
• Demonstrated successful high school or collegiate-level coaching experience as a Track & Field Coach.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Part-time teaching assignment(s) for the 2019 fall semester. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
PART-TIME SALARY RANGE
Part-time faculty members are compensated on a semester basis according to the number of class hours assigned per semester and on cumulative semesters of instruction for the District. The beginning rate is $84.86 - $108.33 (lecture), $64.32 - $82.09 (lab) per hour depending on education and experience. Coaching stipend for Assistant Coach.
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts (only in pdf format) as stated in the job qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit:
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online. If you need assistance, you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m.
Closing Date: Monday, August 5, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
The college will be closed on Friday's June 21 through August 9, 2019
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.