Temporary - Office and Clerical (no benefits)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job CategoryCasual WagePosition TitleTemporary - Office and Clerical (no benefits)Full Time/Part TimePart TimeDivisionVariousDepartmentVarious (Department)Department Statement
As a casual wage staff member, you may be called upon to work in one of the various Colgate departments or locations. These positions may be long or short term and can be either full time or part time, depending upon the need. Generally, the hours will fall during a typical business work day of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm but may have varying degrees of flexibility.
Job duties will be based on the particular department and skills required.Accountabilities
Temporary employees support various departments or locations during peak periods or employee absences.Requirements Professional Experience/ Qualifications
Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
Positions may require some of the following:
- Familiarity with an office setting
- Ability to follow directions
- May require good dexterity
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as document or mail processing
- Customer Service experience in a retail environment
- Experience using a cash register
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- May require a valid driver’s license
- Must be dependable and able to work flexible hours as needed
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree is preferred.Physical RequirementsOther Information Posting Detail Information Requisition Number2018CW002PTemporaryYesWork ScheduleJob Open Date07/12/2017Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions SummaryEEO Statement
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery ActSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you at least 18 years of age?
- * Are you currently a Colgate employee?
- * Have you ever been a Colgate employee?
- * Please let us know how you heard about this position.
- Albany Times Union
- Binghamton Press & Sun
- Cazenovia Republican
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Colgate Employee
- Colgate Website
- Diverse Issues of Higher Education
- HERC (Upstate New York HERC)
- Mid-York Weekly
- NCAA News
- Norwich Evening Sun
- Oneida Daily Dispatch
- Sherburne News
- Syracuse Post Standard
- Utica Observer Dispatch
- Waterville Times
- If you selected "Colgate Employee" or "Other" for how you heard about this position, please provide the employee's name or where you heard about/saw the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter