Communications Marketing Specialist
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleCommunications Marketing SpecialistRequisition NumberRE19236Working TitleMarketing AssistantDepartment Name89004:University PressWork LocationThomas D. Clark BldgGrade Level40Salary Range$13.63-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Lifting boxes weighing up to 35 pounds. Sitting long periods of time.Shift
Monday-Fiday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm (40 hours/week).Job Summary
Communication: Provide all administrative support for the marketing department. Solicit, collect and file marketing questionnaires. Other duties will be completed as needed. Copywriting: Develop schedules for the production of marketing copy and handle all routing. Work with other members of marketing staff in writing catalog and jacket/cover copy. Electronic Marketing and Social Media: Communicate with community using social networking tools such as twitter, facebook, tumblr, and the University Press of Kentucky blog.
Website and Content Management: Assist in maintaining and updating the University Press of Kentucky website, working with the Marketing Director and IT Manager on improvements and redesigns as needed. Track, analyze, and report on web promotion. Design, implement and manage Wordpress-based web sites in collaboration with the direct promotions manager. Assist with the maintenance of marketing portions of the database.
Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Excel required. Filemaker Pro and working knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BA + 2 years related experienceDeadline to Apply08/15/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have paid work experience writing sales or marketing copy?
- * How many years of experience do you have working in an administrative or clerical position in publishing or a publishing-related field?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years
- * Do you have at least one year of experience working in a publishing-related organization?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience in scholarly publishing?
- * How many years of clerical/administrative experience do you have working in an academic setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter