Chemistry Postdoctoral Fellow - Surface Science & Materials Chemistry
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-21
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- You cannot save your progress for later once the process has started!
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
[email protected] or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Chemistry Postdoctoral Fellow - Surface Science & Materials ChemistryJob Family:Post Doctoral FellowFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:FACPay Type:SalaryDepartment:JM Chemistry-5Job Summary:Professor Mary Elizabeth Anderson in the Department of Chemistry at Furman University invites applicants for an NSF-funded research postdoctoral position in the area of surface science and materials chemistry. Candidates must have a PhD in Chemistry or related field prior to beginning research. Position available beginning Fall 2019 with applicant review beginning immediately and continuing until position is filled.Job Description:
Available beginning Fall 2019 is a postdoctoral position in the Furman University chemistry department under the direction of Professor Mary Elizabeth Anderson. It is a full-time one-year research position, renewable for a second year. The successful candidate will perform NSF-funded research regarding the deposition, characterization, and patterning of surface-anchored metal-organic and covalent-organic framework assemblies. This project is undertaken at a research-intensive primarily undergraduate institution with students actively engaged in all aspects of research. The Furman Chemistry Department maintains state-of-the-art research facilities with instrument holdings matching that found at many Ph.D. granting institutions.
Applicant must have a Ph.D. in chemistry or related field. Knowledge and a strong record of accomplishments in surface science and atomic force microscopy is preferred. Experience with lithography, self-assembly, metal-organic frameworks, material science, and/or nanomaterial synthesis/characterization is desirable.
For more information and to apply:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and two letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Furman University is a highly selective, independent, top 40 undergraduate liberal arts institution, with an enrollment of approximately 2600 students. The university is located in the vibrant and beautiful upstate region of South Carolina. The Department of Chemistry hosts one of the largest and most active undergraduate research programs in the nation. Furman University is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Education Requirements:Doctorate: Chemistry (Required)Certification Requirements:Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):