Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-15
Saybrook University Registrar Job Description
Saybrook University is seeking a Registrar to join the Academic Affairs department.
The Registrar will be a core member of the Academic Affairs Team, and will partner with all stakeholders to maintain the integrity of all academic records, policies and processes while providing strong leadership within the Administrative Team. This position will require a unique combination of analytic ability, systems thinking, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be both detail- and process-oriented, and will possess the skills necessary to manage and analyze a range of quantitative and qualitative information.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Registrar will process and maintain academic records and documentation for current and former students in an accurate and timely manner, develop and implement a robust graduate level advising model, advise students on academic matters and program plans and work with the Dean of Students and Associate Dean of Student Affairs to support the institutions retention efforts.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent front line customer service to students, staff, faculty and third-parties
- Collaborate with Deans, Department Chairs, and Faculty Advisors to provide overall academic support and student services
- Work with appropriate faculty and staff to develop, implement and maintain an advising model that crosses over to both Colleges.
- Make data informed recommendations for annual enrollment budget planning
- Work with new/incoming students to discuss program planning needs before first semester at Saybrook and provide high touch support during registration for second semester
- Uphold the integrity of student academic records in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Accurately manage the degree audit and conferral process
- Manage the collection of grades within appropriate timelines and according to course deadlines
- Maintain academic records and transcripts
- Lead and monitor course planning & student registration
- Manage and report VA benefits
- Manage the academic calendar
- Create and update scheduling policies and procedures
- Manage transcript services, diplomas and commencement ceremony
- Provide registration support, conduct follow up with students that have not registered for subsequent semester and provide outreach to students academically at-risk
- Monitor student program plans and provide feedback on path to degree completion
- Work with re-entry students to establish updated program plan
- Monitor and maintain active and inactive student records including Leave of Absence and Withdrawals. Notify appropriate administrative offices of changes in student status.
- Assist in the tracking of culminating phase requirements
- Coordinate the processing of transcript, enrollment/degree verification and loan deferment requests; verify all holds and hold releases as appropriate
- Responsible for entering and managing course schedules in CampusVue
- Create and maintain forms as necessary to support the policies and business practices of the University
- Maintain accurate student records in CampusVue, including changes to addresses, student names, majors, concentrations, waivers and substitutions
- Assist with daily/cyclical activities of the Office of the Registrar, including attendance tracking, course grading, publishing of student dissertations and creation and distribution of student ID card
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five years of relevant experience in education, preferably in a registrar’s office, academic affairs, enrollment management, or institutional research
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the development and operations of a student information system
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some travel may be required
- Excellent communication and customer-relation skills
- Successfully manage multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituents
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA),
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and human science, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.