Part-time Parking Enforcement Specialist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, or customers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages as well as to create and interpret graphical charts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions of diverse needs and complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards and conduct during stressful and often times emotional situations.
- Ability to deliver and follow detailed instructions.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to include experience with Windows based applications, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to successfully complete specialized training.
- Thorough knowledge of simple set-up, adjustment, and operational procedures of work-related equipment.
- Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, driving and employment.
- Ability to deal with customers in person, via email, and telephonically. Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, driving and employment history.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to download pictures from a digital camera, sort and upload pictures to parking software
- Ability to understand and enforce policies and procedures, recognize situations that might require consultation with a supervisor.
- Ability to stay calm under occasional stressful situations and respond to customer concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to use electronic devices and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to deal with irate, high-maintenance customers; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in related field
- One to two years of law enforcement, campus safety or parking experience
- Experience in parking enforcement at a University
- Experience with T2 Flex and ARMS software
The pay for this position is $14.15 hourly
It is the policy of Parking Services that all uniformed staff maintain a level of physical fitness to perform job related tasks that they may be called upon to do in the performance of their duties. In accordance with the policy, a job related physical and physical assessment test administered by a University approved physician will be completed upon acceptance of employment with the Department. It is the responsibility of the employee to remain in such physical condition that they can successfully complete the test at any time.
Must maintain fitness standards to ensure the ability to provide emergency and conduct other physically demanding assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and run, climb stairs and must routinely lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include correction to 20/30 vision, close vision, distance vision, night vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be of sufficient physical stature to assist with installing and removing a vehicle immobilization device (boot). Bicycle patrol is considered routine during the summer months.
As a field-based position Parking Enforcement Specialist Part-time routinely work outside in all weather conditions. This position may be assigned to any shift or combination of shifts as is deemed necessary by the Field Operations Manager or members of the department's senior management group. May be called upon to work additional hours to cover shifts or provide special event coverage. This position requires dependable attendance; absenteeism and tardiness as described by department policy are not acceptable
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.