Evening Reference Librarian
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleEvening Reference LibrarianDepartmentLearning and Technology Resources-Posting Number03321PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$24.00 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Provide reference services on weekday afternoons and evenings. Participate in both collection development and library instruction as well as assisting with marketing and outreach efforts. Provide circulation services as needed.Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing reference and circulation services. Recommend materials for purchase in assigned subject areas for library collection. Responsible for teaching evening library instruction sessions. Responsible for providing assistance on library equipment and technology. Participates in library professional development programs. Maintain and update selected library displays and participate in library marketing projects as directed.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelors degree plus 18 graduate credit hours in library/information science or equivalent education, training and experience. Experience providing library support (in academic, public or special libraries).Preferred Qualifications
ALA accredited Masters degree in library / information Science, or at least 18 graduate credit hours in library / information sciences. Significant experience with library reference resources, classification systems, databases, and service goals. Experience in a higher education setting. Collection Development experience. Circulation experience.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Good knowledge of library reference resources, classification systems, databases, and service goals. Strong communication skills and commitment to public service. Strong computer aptitude. Ability to work independently in a dynamic and diverse environment. Physical ability to reach shelves 5" to 80" in height(with a stool) and to lift objects up to 15 lbs.Operation of a State VehicleNo Posting Detail Information Open Date07/15/2019Close Date07/31/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsBackground Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelors degree plus 18 graduate credit hours in library/information science or equivalent education, training and experience?
- * Do you have experience providing library support (in academic, public or special libraries)?
- * How many number of years' experience with library reference resources, classification systems, databases, and service goals do you have?
- 0 to 1 year
- 1 to 3 years
- 4 to 6 years
- 7 or more years
- * Do you have collection development and circulation experience?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3