Associate Director of Admissions - Recruitment
Position Title:Associate Director of Admissions - Recruitment Position Number:10042930 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/26/2019 Salary Minimum:$54,778 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Associate Director of Admissions - Recruitment on the Dahlonega campus. The Associate Director of Admissions for Recruitment will ensure innovative development and successful execution of new student recruitment, visitation and outreach efforts for a comprehensive university of approximately 20,000 students spanning five campuses. This position will compile and analyze data that will be used to help guide the admissions strategic recruitment plan for new student enrollment across five campuses and will supervise and lead recruitment staff and efforts for all campuses.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate Director of Admissions will:
- Serve as a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Leadership team. Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive recruitment, visitation and outreach plan that will guide the attainment of university-wide recruitment-related goals, objectives and strategies to be included in the annual Undergraduate Admissions Strategic Plan. Ensure that established goals and initiatives align with the University’s comprehensive strategic plan.
- Compile and analyze data to be used in making informed decisions regarding targeted recruitment and outreach strategies and efforts. Oversee the visitor experience for all campuses by implementing best practices and supporting all visitation functions including yield events, Open House programs, tour groups and other programs related to recruitment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with centers of influence and assist with recruitment efforts in surrounding counties and communities, including but not limited to: recruiting at scheduled high school events; presenting Dual Enrollment and parent information sessions; and coordinating on-site admissions and apply to college days and participating in transfer events.
- Oversee the strategic purchase of prospective student names from various sources to generate leads for the recruitment funnel.
- Supervise and lead a team of Assistant Directors and Coordinators.
- Serve on various admissions or UNG committees and perform other duties as assigned by the director.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make presentations to groups.
- Must be able to work without supervision, multi-task, mange workload and meet deadlines.
- Must also maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with both internal and external constituents.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Five (5) years of work experience in college or university admissions and/or recruitment.
- Experience with data analysis and creation and implementation of new student recruitment plans and outreach
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is also required.
- Banner student database experience preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.