Vice President of Finance
Category:: Administrative Professionals
Locations:: Garden City, NY
Posted:: Jul 9, 2019
Closes:: Aug 9, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
About Nassau Community College:
Nassau Community College (NCC), a member of the State University of NY (SUNY) system of Colleges and Universities, is a diverse and multi-cultural campus. NCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. NCC promotes positive efforts in recruitment to achieve equity and inclusion and is conducting a search to fill anticipated staff and administrative vacancies. All vacancies are filled pending budget approval.
Nassau Community College (NCC) is seeking a creative, collaborative, problem-solving, and opportunities oriented individual to serve as our next Vice President of Finance. The successful candidate will be aligned with the College's dedication to high quality, low-cost education, and career preparation and the belief that all who can benefit from its resources have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills and to pursue the goal of lifelong learning.
The Vice President of Finance reports directly to the College President and serves as the Chief Financial Officer of Nassau Community College. This position will provide:
- Leadership to plan, organize and direct the financial accounting and reporting operations of the College.
- Executive oversight for a broad range of financial and support operations, including financial planning and budgeting, auditing, cash and investment management, accounts payable, procurement, student financial services, and financial administration of research and grants.
- Active and creative partnership with members of the College Community and works to seek funding and administrative solution to support the academic mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight and control of all College budget financial activity and transactions involved with approximately 2,000 employees and 12,200 FTE students.
- Operational oversight to the following departments: Procurement, Budget, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Student Financial Services, Financial Aid, Comptroller, Treasurer, Fiscal Affairs, and Bursar.
- Involvement with the development and implementation of college policy, including policy advancement, the strategic planning process, new financial data systems, as well as assisting in creating computerized and manual work flow processes.
- All financial reporting both external and internal for: State Annual Report, Annual Budget, audited financial statements, College Departments, Board of Trustees, County and State Officials.
- Publicly representing the College's finances within the County of Nassau.
Minimum qualifications include a MBA or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and at least five (5) years of successful leadership experience in higher education. A Certified Public Accountant designation is preferred.
Additional requirements include:
- Serving as a member of the College President's Cabinet.
- Demonstrating excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Relating to all levels within the College Community.
- Possessing highly developed analytical and organizational skills with ability to multi-task.