Assistant Director, Student Affairs
Job location: Davie
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-11
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The department of Student Accessibility Services is seeking an Assistant Director, Student Affairs.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Reads and assesses documentation such as psychoeducational evaluations, audio grams, medical reports, etc. Ascertains and provides for the special needs of students with disabilities, particularly students with medical, psychological, physical, learning, hearing and visual disabilities. This includes assessing the needs in the academic setting; reviewing disability documentation; counseling students regarding disability related issues and academics; ensuring the provision of approved accommodations and administers the day-to-day operation of the SAS office for the Broward campuses.
- Coordinates and facilitates the provision of closed and open captioning for SAS.
- Plans and oversees disability awareness programs for faculty and staff on the Broward campuses.
- Creates and delivers presentations at FAU and within the community.
- Maintain a caseload of 150 students in Davie and Boca.
- Liaison to the Broward Campus Life and FAU faculty and staff on disability related issues.
- Supervises and trains full time staff.
- Serves on the Director’s Leaderships Team
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of SAS.
Higher Education experience required.
Specialization: Social Work, Exceptional Student Education, Psychology, Mental Health Rehabilitation, Speech Pathology and other degrees related to disability.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$42,000College or Department:Student Accessibility ServicesLocation:DavieWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Nights and weekends as deemed necessary.Application Deadline: 2019-07-25-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.