Director, SAEM Digital Marketing and Communications
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-11
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The department of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is seeking a Director, SAEM Digital Marketing and Communications.
The Director of Digital Marketing & Communications, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management will lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational marketing and communications initiatives directly for the Vice President’s office, as well as oversee and support marketing efforts for most all departments throughout the Division. This hands-on role management and leadership will deliver holistic marketing programs and activities designed to bolster student enrollment, involvement, and engagement, while also enhancing community connections.
This position will oversee marketing and communications plans and programs for a wide variety of Divisional initiatives and events and lead traditional and especially digital media and marketing communications programs and tools (including messaging, advertising and promotions), website development, and marketing planning & analysis throughout the Division. Additionally, this role will develop, lead and manage a graphics and marketing team capable of delivering the necessary Divisional marketing and communication priorities.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Directly leads a team of marketing professionals in the development and execution of contemporary and integrated marketing and communications tools, messages, programs, and events that further engages prospective and current students and the community.
- Manages full-time graphic designers, marketing coordinators and supports Marketing Team in clear, concise, compelling and successful execution of all programs and campaigns.
- Develop and manage a marketing budget, monitor on-going costs, works with finance to accurately forecast costs, and negotiate vendor contracts. Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Develop the comprehensive marketing, branding, and communications strategies and tactics for Divisional services, initiatives, programs, and events, and provide annual marketing plans and resources necessary to achieve Divisional goals and objectives.
- Identify Divisional customer needs to plan and manage multi-faceted and specialized projects and timelines from creation through delivery of final product.
- Advise, collaborate and consult with department heads and their leadership staff and assist with the development of marketing, communication and PR plans and activities.
- Develops and reviews messaging, marketing and communication campaigns to support Divisional goals and objectives, and seeks new ways to deliver messaging through websites, social media, mobile devices, video channels, etc.
- Leads the development and execution, from conception to production, of communication and marketing materials utilizing a variety of video, print and digital platforms.
- Builds and curates a world-class web property portfolio, using performance data and insights to improve website efficacy and design improvements. Monitors patterns to improve experiences.
- Design, build and maintain our social media and digital presence, and oversee the creation and production of printed and digital materials, while updating divisional and departmental content, websites, digital display monitors, and social media platforms.
- Sets benchmarks for digital marketing performance, output, operational efficiencies, and campaigns.
- Produce and maintains an active plan and timeline for all marketing and assesses effectiveness and satisfaction of marketing and outreach strategies.
- Provide oversight for promotional materials evaluation, purchasing, vendor contracts and expenditures in accordance to Divisional goals and objectives.
- Communicates effectively and facilitates ongoing planning meetings with Divisional Leadership, as well as marketing program Directors, Coordinators, and administrative staff.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management marketing and communication efforts, and the University team.
- Assures targeted Divisional events are appropriately supported.
- Analyze and communicate performance against benchmarks and digital marketing activities to internal stakeholders (including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social, all digital and review ROI and KPI’s).
- Performs related duties as required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$85,000College or Department:Student Affairs & Enrollment ManagementLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Nights and weekends as deemed necessary.Application Deadline: 2019-07-28-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.