Grants Coordinator (S03977)
Job location: MD - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-09
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitleGrants Coordinator (S03977)Job Description SummaryMontgomery College has an immediate need for a full-time Grants Coordinator for the Advancement/Community Engagement Department. The work schedule is M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This is a non-bargaining, non-exempt, grade 25 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Under supervision and/or direction, coordinates the pre-award planning, organization, and preparation, and the post-award administration of various grants assigned to various departments of the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research, analyze and identify funding opportunities in support of the College mission; and make recommendations to the Director regarding pursuit of external funding.
- Prepare grant proposals including writing, editing, proofreading, assembling and duplicating.
- Review proposals in development for presentation and consistency with both College style guide and funding agency requirements.
- Write, proofread, and prepare grant-related documents such as memos, reports, letters of support, grant applications.
- Participate in the preparation of grant submissions by ensuring adherence to technical requirements and researching grant information and agency standards.
- Obtaining necessary signatures in a timely manner and ensuring that proposals are submitted by grant deadline.
- Maintain a complete and orderly administrative record of all proposals, partnership agreements, sub-recipient documents, and other pre-award and post-award instruments.
- Maintain an electronic database for reporting and tracking all proposal and grant information and activities; perform updates in a timely manner.
- Oversee and monitor on-going projects and activities.
- Research information for grant inquiries and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist the grants manager for the DCTAL Perkins grant.
- Execute budget and financial-related tasks.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the work.
- Two years of experience in grant proposal development; in administrative support or project management including account and document management, and planning.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of grants management.
- Skill in verbal and written communications; in interpersonal relationships; in Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet; in database research and management.
- Skill in research, electronic grant submission, organization/prioritization, and applying basic accounting principles and budget monitoring.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Guidance and the laws, rules, policies, and methods governing the administration of federal and state grants.
- Working knowledge of federal electronic grant submission processes, including Grants.gov, Fastlane, Research.gov, ERA Commons, and/or Assist.
For consideration, you must:
- Submit Resume/CV
- Submit a cover letter that addresses your qualifications related to the job.
- Please upload all documents to your online application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click Here to apply online
- This position is open until filled
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until FilledMontgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplaceFor disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353or send an email to: [email protected]Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promotingequal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.