Part-time Educational Aide, Vice President for Student Affairs Office
Title:Part-time Educational Aide, Vice President for Student Affairs Office Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Vice President for Student Affairs Pay Grade:N/A Closing Date:07/26/2019 Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $8.50 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to 10-15 hours per week.Description:
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is seeking an organized, punctual, responsible and reliable Educational Aide to work 10-15 hours per week. The Educational Aid will provide office support for the Vice President, Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents and the Executive Assistant.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet and direct visitors and students to the office in a friendly manner with professionalism and courtesy over the phone and in person.
- Assist staff with event preparation and special projects.
- Perform clerical tasks such as word processing, copying, filing, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Deliver items across campus as needed.
- Keep track of office inventory.
- Maintain division directory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student AffairsQualifications:
Required: To be eligible for employment consideration, the candidate must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Customer service and clerical experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment , submit an up-to-date resume, and their current class schedule to be considered for this position.
All submitted materials will be routed and reviewed by the following Job Contact:
Stacey Ledvina, Executive Assistant
Email: [email protected]Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, SF Current Class Schedule