Student Assistant - Desk Assistant for Residence Life
Posting DetailsPosition Information Student Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitleStudent Assistant - Desk Assistant for Residence LifePosting NumberStu00659Recruitment TypeCCGA Students Only Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Desk Assistant (DA) will work under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Residence Life and under the day-to-day supervision of the Residence Hall Director. The DA will be involved in providing assistance to residents, conference guests, and other residence hall visitors.
The weekly schedule will be assigned by the supervisor in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled or dismissed early.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain the information desk during specified times in a professional manner.
- Process mail.
- Prepare and file documents.
- Office tasks including copying, shredding, etc.
- Run errands on campus
- Assist residents: answer questions, perform lock out services, report facilities concerns, register guests, etc.
- Submit accurate reports as required and provide necessary follow-up.
- Serve as resource person.
- Adhere to the dress code.
- Anticipate needs and problems; take or recommend action as appropriate.
- Assist with housing operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will be subject to random drug testing
- This position is designated by the institution as a Position of Trust.
- Resident Assistants may not hold another job on campus.
- Must be enrolled in six credit hours.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- Must have a $0 balance on your student account.
- Upon offer and acceptance, must pass pre-employment drug testing and satisfactorily pass a criminal background investigation.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Present a professional appearance
- Team player, willing to pitch in whenever job needs to get done
- Dependable and follows through
- Present positive image of the College of Coastal Georgia
- Ability to accept and follow directions
- Thorough knowledge of campus and community resources and facilities
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date07/15/2019Close Date05/31/2020Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- * Are you currently employed on campus or plan to be employed on campus during the Fall semester?
- Cover Letter