Temporary Part-Time Lecturer of Nursing
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleTemporary Part-Time Lecturer of NursingPosting NumberFac00405Employment TypeTemporaryBenefits AvailableNo Position Summary Information Nature of Work
Lecture of Nursing assumes responsibility for classroom instruction, creating a clinical schedule, as well as teaching, within the BSN program. This is a temporary five months academic your position, non-tenure-track appointment.Essential Duties
- Teach the pediatric course in the BSN program.
- Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies.
- Create pediatric clinical schedule and oversee pediatric clinical instructor.
- Must have a Masters degree in nursing, and be eligible for a Georgia nursing license.
- Candidate must exhibit expertise and clinical practice, education, and pediatrics.
- Candidate must have a commitment to service learning, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessments.
- The ability and commitment to use technology and web-based teaching is preferred.
Candidate should exhibit expertise in clinical practice and education.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date07/09/2019Close Date08/01/2019Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents