Assistant Coach, Associate Head Coach, Women's Tennis
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant Coach, Associate Head Coach, Women’s Tennis
POSITON CODE: 4458
DEPARTMENT: PE & Athletics
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, 11 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
AVAILABLE: August 1, 2019
POSTING DATE: July 12, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Director of Men’s and Women’s Tennis, the Assistant Coach, Associate Head Coach, Women’s Tennis, is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics and the Bulldog Men’s & Women’s Tennis programs. The Assistant Coach, Associate Head Coach, Women’s Tennis, must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. The Assistant Coach, Associate Head Coach, Women’s Tennis, will serve the Director of Tennis and the both the Men’s & Women’s Tennis program as a recruiting coordinator, and serve as the Associate Head Coach in the planning, administering and evaluating of various aspects primarily of the operations associated with the Women’s Tennis program.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a recruiter for both the Men’s and Women’s Tennis program
• Identify, evaluate and recruit qualified prospective student-athletes
• Maintain effective communication with prospective student-athletes and Admissions Office
• Arrange and conduct on and off campus visits with prospective student-athletes
• Plan, execute and maintain all aspects of the programs social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Oversee and coach the student-athletes primarily in the Women’s Tennis program
• Teach physical education activity courses in accordance with assigned load during the academic year.
• Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree and have a minimum of three years of tennis coaching experience, and possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University; and have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER