Job location: NJ Piscataway Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-05
Under general supervision, Admissions Officers are responsible for handling all aspects of the campus’ student recruitment efforts in a fast-paced, service and compliance-driven environment. This position is responsible for helping individuals interested in attending Strayer enroll in the University by responding to inquiries, interviewing prospective students over the phone and in person, conducting campus tours, and walking students through the entire application and enrollment process. This also includes partnering with other functions to provide prospective students with the information necessary to determine if Strayer would meet their educational needs, such as program offerings, financial options, and satisfying academic prerequisites.
- Effectively respond to all prospective student inquiries.
- Set up face-to-face and/or phone interview appointments and conduct campus tours as appropriate.
- Interview prospective students to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of attending Strayer University, including our high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, flexible online and on-campus course offerings, and recommend appropriate course(s) of study.
- Assist prospective students with the application process and review qualifications for admission.
- Enroll new students and ensure appropriate basis of admission is obtained, all prerequisites are satisfied, and previous college transcripts are ordered if applicable.
- Ensure prospective students’ admissions files are complete and assist students with initial registration process.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including SAS, SFS, Academics, and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent highly preferred.
- 2-5 years proven customer service and/or sales experience highly preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on informing and assisting prospective students, and maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Must be able to travel 10% of time
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs
- Typical office setting
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Prospective students at Strayer University start their journey with an Admissions Officer who provides information on the overall benefits of attending Strayer University and recommends appropriate degree programs and course(s) of study. Our Admissions Officers work diligently each day to respond to student inquiries, interview our prospective students and walk students through the entire application and enrollment process once they have made the decision to attend Strayer University. It can be very rewarding knowing you have opened the door of opportunity for someone to reach their academic goals. At the heart of what motivates our most successful Admissions Officers is the desire to help prospective students begin their journey of achieving their educational goals.
Who you are:
- Self-Motivated – you have strong internal drive and motivation.
- Problem Solver – you find ways to keep going despite obstacles.
- Listener – you don’t just hear people, you really listen to them.
- Enthusiastic – you’re genuinely excited about the prospect of changing potential students’ lives.
- Adaptable – you remain flexible and can change quickly and easily.
- Collaborative – you thrive in a team environment and are motivated by contributing to team success
Who we are:
- Passionate - we are deeply connected to our students and genuinely feel excitement for helping them realize their academic aspirations.
- Detail Oriented – we manage complex transactions with clear, transparent and timely communication both internally and externally.
- Strong Ethical Standards - we maintain a critical focus and adherence to compliance requirements as defined by University policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- High Energy - our team possesses the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students.
- Successfully multi-task working with multiple students at different phases in the recruitment and enrollment process.
- Effectively interact with prospective students each day via phone, email, text and face-to-face to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including Student Academic Services, Student Financial Services and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Build strong rapport and relationship with prospective students.
- Expose prospective students to Strayer University’s high-quality programs, convenient locations, and the flexibility of online and on-campus courses.
- Enroll new students and ensure appropriate basis of admission is obtained, all prerequisites are satisfied, if applicable, procure previous college transcripts and ensure files are complete to assist students with initial registration process.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment and enrollment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education highly preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment (i.e. Phone based customer service, inbound and outbound sales, call center and/or admissions/recruiting).
- Ability to work regular evenings and/or Saturday hours.
- Must be able to travel 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate with potential students, students, faculty and staff via phone, text, computer and face to face.
- Effectively cope with a fast pace environment.
- Strong mental acuity.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]