Associate Director of Recruiting and Data Management -- Gies College of Business (118263)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, Recruiting and Data Management
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Internal to Campus
Responsible for successfully recruiting internally and domestically and admitting the proper mix and number of high quality students each year into Gies Graduate Programs and College programs. In addition, this role will support the administration, maintenance, and data integrity of databases used for recruiting and admissions including Slate and other local databases, as well as diverse aspects of the application process.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with Program and College leadership, execute the recruiting strategy for each recruiting cycle for Gies Graduate Programs focused on attracting a diversified pool of high quality applicants to College programs.
- Recruit and provide counseling and guidance to domestic and international prospective students for all Gies Graduate Programs.
- Establish a high quality experience for candidates interested in Gies Graduate Programs.
- Meet target enrollment goals while maintaining program standards.
- Deliver internal and external public presentations promoting Gies Graduate Programs.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for all residential Graduate program, in collaboration with program specific representatives.
- Some night and weekend obligations as well as domestic and international travel for recruiting events, relationship building, etc.
- Lead and manage admissions for college programs.
- Support the admission process and Program leadership utilizing Slate information management system, including Slate query building and Slate communication deployment
- Monitor yield issues and create strategies and tactics to maximize yield
- Potentially perform information and assessment interviews of potential candidates
- Support nurturing of applicants through enrollment
Data Management (20%)
- In collaboration with program leadership, support operational e-mail initiatives (Slate)
- In collaboration with program leadership, manipulate data to facilitate data evaluation for various department needs.
- Recipient of all ad-hoc data/report requests related to admissions.
- Support creation and execution of scheduled reports.
- Provide input to campus data managers (i.e. Graduate College) on system improvements to enhance processes.
- Monitor data activity to identify potential inconsistencies; make recommendations for solution to problems identified.
- Reconcile and maintain data in Slate across the life cycle of a Candidate, including handling duplicate records, unsubscribe requests, and any other data cleanup needed.
- Coordinate all list loads – GMAT, GMASS, GRE, Events, Fairs, etc.
- Provide user support to College graduate program leadership and staff for daily processes in Slate.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
This search is internal to campus. Consideration of applications is limited to candidates who possess a current affiliation with the Illinois campus.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: MBA or other relevant master’s degree
Required: At least four years of professional experience with at least two years of experience in a student-facing role. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Higher educational experience; recruitment experience and/or student service. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Gies graduate programs and college organizational structure.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service-oriented attitude for working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer-related databases and office-related software. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to recruit students.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), 12-month academic professional position that reports to the Director of Recruiting and Admissions. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by July 25, 2019 Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
College Name or Administrative Unit:Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Associate Director of Recruiting and Data Management -- Gies College of Business (118263) Open Date:07/11/2019 Close Date:07/25/2019 Organization Name:Business Graduate Programs
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.