Associate Director, Recruiting and Admissions -- Gies College of Business (118266)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, Recruiting and Admissions
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Internal to Campus
Responsible for successfully recruiting internally and domestically and admitting the proper mix and number of high quality students each year into Gies Graduate Programs and College programs. In addition, this role will support the administration, maintenance, and data integrity of databases used for recruiting and admissions including Slate and other local databases, as well as diverse aspects of the application process.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with Program and College leadership, execute the recruiting strategy for each recruiting cycle for Gies Graduate Programs focused on attracting a diversified pool of high quality applicants to College programs (MSM/MSTM, MSBA, etc.)
- Design and implement a strategy to attract high quality domestic students to the programs.
- Recruit and provide counseling and guidance to domestic and international prospective students
- Develop partnerships with external organizations and agencies that will enhance the student pipeline. Leverage opportunities by collaborating with University/College leadership and academic divisions
- Establish a high quality experience for candidates interested in the Gies Graduate Programs.
- Meet target enrollment goals while maintaining program standards
- Deliver internal and external public presentations promoting Gies Graduate Programs.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for all residential Graduate program, in collaboration with program specific representatives.
- Coordinate efforts with other staff members to implement recruitment and admissions plans.
- Assist in the development and management of Gies Graduate programs social media accounts
- Some night and weekend obligations as well as domestic and international travel for recruiting events, relationship building, etc.
- Act as a liaison, along with the Program leadership, to the Graduate College throughout the admissions process
- Support the admission process and Program leadership utilizing Slate information management system, including Slate query building and Slate communication deployment
- Monitor yield issues and create strategies and tactics to maximize yield
- Potentially perform information and assessment interviews of potential candidates
- Support nurturing of applicants through enrollment
- While primary duties will be focused on recruitment and admissions, part of the role could include student services programming for admitted students
- Help maintain databases and other tools for meeting program and team goals
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
This search is internal to campus. Consideration of applications is limited to candidates who possess a current affiliation with the Illinois campus.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: MBA or other relevant master’s degree
Required: At least four years of professional experience with at least two years of experience in a student-facing role. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Higher educational experience; recruitment experience and/or student service. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Gies graduate programs and college organizational structure.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service-oriented attitude for working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer-related databases and office-related software. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to recruit students.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), 12-month academic professional position that reports to the Director of Recruiting and Admissions. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by July 25, 2019. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
College Name or Administrative Unit:Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Associate Director, Recruiting and Admissions -- Gies College of Business (118266) Open Date:07/11/2019 Close Date:07/25/2019 Organization Name:Business Graduate Programs
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.