Director of Graduate Recruiting and Admissions -- Gies College of Business (118232)
DIRECTOR of GRADUATE RECRUITING and ADMISSIONS
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Internal to Campus
Lead collaborative efforts between graduate program leadership and Gies Marketing and Communications (MARCOM) to develop and implement a broad-based recruiting and marketing strategy to support all graduate programs as well as college programs. In addition, this role is responsible for managing admissions for college programs while providing direct supervision of the recruitment and admissions team within the College unit.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and direct a comprehensive strategic plan to help create a pipeline of students for Gies Graduate Programs and College programs. (20%)
- Provide leadership in overall analysis of recruiting efforts; provide proposals as requested on proposed processes or strategies. (20%)
- Collaborate with Program leadership and MARCOM to establish College-level messaging for the recruiting, marketing, and communication strategies for the collective group of graduate programs and College programs. Lead the implementation of such plan utilizing recruitment staff. This includes overseeing staff in charge of relationship building with internal and external institutions and units, including campus level, regional, and international institutions. (15%)
- Provide leadership and support related to admissions and admission processes for College programs. (10%)
- Coordinate with program leadership and MARCOM on the implementation of recruiting strategies including, but not limited to, print publications, web development, email communications, social media, video development, advertising, and direct mail campaigns. (10%)
- Collaborate with program leadership on continuous review of marketing and communication materials to ensure that online and print materials are updated and effective. (5%)
- Coordinate with Gies MARCOM to build and foster relationships with outside advertising vendors to increase the visibility of Gies Graduate Programs presence on campus and with other state and regional institutions. (5%)
- Advise recruitment team on professional development and adjusts work-flow as necessary to improve overall process. (5%)
- Provide leadership and support in relation to data management used for recruiting and admisssions. (5%)
- Some night and weekend obligations as well as domestic and international travel for recruiting events, relationship building, etc. (5%)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
This search is internal to campus. Consideration of applications is limited to candidates who possess a current affiliation with the Illinois campus.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: MBA or other relevant master’s degree
Required: At least eight years of professional experience with at least four years of experience in a student-facing role. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Higher educational experience; recruitment experience and/or student service. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Gies graduate programs and college organizational structure.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service-oriented attitude for working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer-related databases and office-related software. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to recruit students.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), 12-month academic professional position that reports to the Associate Dean of Business Graduate Programs. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by July 25, 2019. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
College Name or Administrative Unit:Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Director of Graduate Recruiting and Admissions -- Gies College of Business (118232) Open Date:07/11/2019 Close Date:07/25/2019 Organization Name:Business Graduate Programs
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.