Information Technology Manager - Engineering IT Shared Services (116882)
Information Technology Manager
Engineering IT Shared Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Engineering IT Shared Services at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants for an Information Technology Manger Position. Engineering IT is the primary information technology services provider for Engineering at Illinois, serving the IT needs of more than 1,100 faculty and staff and over 10,000 students. The mission is to ensure that all faculty, students and staff in the College have easy and well-supported access to IT services that are second to none in support of their teaching, research, and learning. Engineering IT prides itself on a user-centric approach to IT, with emphasis on effectiveness, visibility and accountability. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team. More information about Engineering IT can be found at http://it.engineering.illinois.edu/about-us/.
The Information Technology Manager will provide management and leadership to a team within the IT Operations division of Engineering IT Shared Services to ensure reliable and scalable user support or infrastructure services, as well as to continuously seek new ways to improve that delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and supervision
- Supervising professional IT staff assigned to team
- Providing professional growth guidance and coaching to IT professionals of varying experience
- Promoting strong team development and networking opportunities
- Using performance management best practices to create a healthy environment for individual employee growth
- Overseeing the services of the team to ensure quality and responsiveness
Team and division leadership
- Participating on Engineering IT Leadership Team with other organizational management
- Participating on IT Operations Leadership Team to advise the Associate Director on topics related to the IT Operations division
- Leading their team in new initiatives, methods, and projects to best serve the The Grainger College of Engineering customers
Lead and contribute to organization or campus-wide objectives
- Sponsoring or leading virtual, project, or task-focused teams within Engineering IT Shared Services
- Participating on campus level teams or initiatives that improve IT impacts for the The Grainger College of Engineering
- Coordinating and liaising with other campus IT providers to use and improve shared or central IT services
Customer relationship management
- Serving one or more of The Grainger College of Engineering units as a Customer Relationship Manager
- Providing a single point of contact for unit administration and customers to resolve issues around IT services, and proactively plan for the unit’s future IT needs and projects
- Meeting regularly with Engineering IT staff assigned to unit and unit administrators to ensure smooth communications of needs and solutions
Other Duties as Assigned .
To be considered for this position, candidates must have a Bachelor's degree and six (6) years’ professional experience in IT operations which includes: (The following experience requirements can run concurrently.)
- Three years’ experience with end-user support, help desk operations, or IT infrastructure
- Three years’ experience working in a customer service environment
- Two years of work experience in a supervisory or lead worker capacity which included hiring and training students or staff
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Four (4) or more years’ experience hiring, training, and managing students or staff
- Experience working in higher education or other organization with a diffused power structure
- Experience creating and providing training to employees or customers
- Knowledge of
- HR policies and best practices for hiring, evaluating, developing, and disciplining employees
- Customer relationship management methods and tactics
- HIPAA or FERPA compliance as it related to information technology
- Basic or common project management methods.
- Managing hourly or professional employees
- Demonstrated skills in communicating verbally and in writing, providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Achieve results through others, as well as ability to deliver individual results
- Plan and adjust allocations of staff and budgets to meet team mission
- Lead small project or task-focused teams to successful deliverables
- Design and implement team change, work-flows, and other team initiatives
- Reliably deliver IT services in a continuously changing and ambiguous environment
- Work across teams, divisions, and organizations to create mutually beneficial improvements and solutions
- Effectively manage and resolve conflict
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Manager/Administrative Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after July 25th, 2019. The minimum starting salary for this position is $64,100 and salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by July 25th, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Kelsey Krok at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:Engineering Category:8-Technical Title:Information Technology Manager - Engineering IT Shared Services (116882) Open Date:07/10/2019 Close Date:07/25/2019 Organization Name:Engineering IT Shared Services