Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension - Murphysboro, IL (118717)
Office Support Associate – University of Illinois Extension
Units 22 & 26 Cluster - Murphysboro, IL (Jackson County - Unit 26)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Primary Position Function/Summary: An employee in this position must possess the ability to organize, coordinate, and perform complex secretarial and administrative duties. A high degree of knowledge of Extension policies and procedures is required. The Office Support Associate will be expected to handle routine administrative and fiscal decisions within the unit on a regular basis with minimal direct supervision, as well as provide a productive, efficient, and positive office atmosphere. The position is administratively responsible to the County Director.
- Assist the Unit 26 County Director in the administration of office management, staff development and public relations.
- Coordinates unit budget activities:
- Oversees the accuracy of unit trust account, self-supporting account, Smith Lever account, grants and other cost account records.
- Prepares financial reports, annual audits and specialized financial summaries.
- Evaluates and reviews the appropriateness of expenditures.
- Assists the Unit 26 Multi-County Director in the planning and preparation of the unit 26 budget and Smith Lever funds.
- Maintain bank statements for the “In-and-Out” account. Makes sure each monthly statement is reconciled and balances with the checkbook.
- Prepares bank deposit slips, deposit money in the center account, and write receipts.
- Supervise the maintenance of procurement card and travel card information, log transactions, reconcile financial statements, and document all
- activities transacted by staff.
- Advises and assists Unit Educators and other staff on fiscal processes, budget matters and other business related to their respective programs.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and grant applications, including, but not limited to preparation of budget line item spreadsheets, at the
- request of the County Director.
- Direct and trains staff in office procedures, operation and use of office equipment.
- Oversee extra help and other civil service timesheets, review, post hours to Banner and submit to Unit Director for approval.
- Assist in 4-H Premium documentation and reporting.
- Supervise the maintenance of database for inventory control which complies with University policies. Securing all codes and documents recorded.
- Comparison-shop and order supplies.
- Assist with the total University of Illinois Extension program as appropriate to job description. Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies/guidelines in all aspects of Extension work. Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the Unit.
- Other related duties as assigned.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university coursework in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Associate position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.80 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for OFFICE SUPPORT ASSOCIATE – Murphysboro, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Extension Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension - Murphysboro, IL (118717) Open Date:07/11/2019 Close Date:07/24/2019 Organization Name:Unit 26