Program Coordinator - Accreditation Assessment CBM
Category:Civil Service Title:Program Coordinator - Accreditation Assessment CBM Location:Springfield Close Date:09/03/2019 Description:
UIS Human Resources has a List Serve Option for current vacancies.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to click on the link to sign up!
Subscribers will receive weekly emails with current UIS vacancies.
New Applicants:Please create an account from the Home Page. Select the "Apply to Position" button at the bottom of this posting to complete the required forms including the Pre-Approval, which must be submitted before 5:00 pm on the deadline of the posting. Upon approval, which takes 1-3 days to account for weekends and holidays when employees are out of office, complete the remaining forms to apply and be sure to upload any documents noted as required in the posting.
Returning Applicants:Select the "Apply to Position" button at the bottom of this posting, complete the required forms to apply and be sure to upload any documents noted as required in the posting. Note: if you have previously applied for positions before March 1st 2019, you will have to complete and submit another Pre-Approval form. Please read directions under “New Applicants” above.
To properly evaluate your qualifications for this position, your online application must include a complete employment history detailing duties, education and certifications. Note that a resume cannot substitute for the information required on the official application form. Education requirement will be verified by submitted transcript(s).
College Transcripts and Veteran's Preference Eligibility: College transcripts and military discharge documentation (DD214, DD215, and NGB22) must be uploaded with the online application. Human Resources will not accept faxed, emailed, or hand delivered documentation to our office.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 09/03/2019 EXTENDED!!
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS: 09/13/2019 Failure to list or accurately describe work experience, or failure to submit college transcripts may result in an applicant not being admitted to the exam.
Out-of-state candidates must establish Illinois residency within 180 calendar days after hire.
Minimum Starting Salary: $24.35
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer; persons with disabilities, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
UIS employment in this role is not covered by Social Security, and instead, is covered by the State Universities Retirement System.
- You don't pay Social Security taxes and your earnings won't be on your Social Security record. (Your record will, however, show your Medicare wages.)
- Your pension from the State Universities Retirement System may affect the amount of your
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
1. Helps to ensure the achievement of AACSB standards by assisting the Associate Dean and other academic administrators in the CBM. Responsible for gathering required data and preparing reports for AACSB Continuous Improvement Review process.Helps faculty and administrators in the maintenance, usage, and report creation of database applications such as Sedona or Symplectic’s Elements.
2. Supports systematic planning and change within the CBM by administering a comprehensive, continual, and multi-dimensional assessment program of student assurance of learning outcomes and evaluation of academic programs, collaborating with departments and the college assurance of learning and curriculum committee to integrate assessment and evaluation efforts, and integrating assessment activities and results with accreditation processes. Analyzes and communicates the results of assessments conducted.
3. Assists with, supports, and coordinates the reporting of assessment activities and the evaluation of majors and programs, supporting planning and budgeting decisions for assessment purposes, represents the College and its assessment and evaluation processes to external agencies, and helps in the communication of the college’s achievements to different stakeholders.
4. Stay up-to-date with current and future regulations, develop programs and practices to help meet guidelines, monitor these practices and maintain all records required to certify and maintain accreditations. Provides information and data appropriate to the decision-making needs of the CBM for accreditation purposes and publicizes information through a variety of documents.
5. Monitors program review schedules, assists in coordinating with Institutional Research data gathering, and assists in reviewing interim program reports.
6. Develop short and long-range plans, conceptual designs, and documentation related to accreditation. Ensures that accreditation requirements, including compliance with accrediting standards, are incorporated, among CBM goals and objectives, into the planning and evaluation process of the CBM and academic departments.
7. Prepare a College quality enhancement plan, including process development, compliance certification and comprehensive documentation, data collection, assessment, analysis and reporting.
8. Serve on CBM’s committees that provide oversight of all curricular, deployment, and faculty development activities that impact the college’s adherence to accreditation standards. Ensures that all accreditation reports are submitted in a timely fashion by establishing and maintaining a report management system. Review analyses of activities, operations and forecast data to determine the College’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Associate Dean.
10. Contributes to the overall success of the CBM by performing all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor’s degree and
- Three (3) years of related experience in higher education, AND
- Two (2) years of experience in program assessment and evaluation
* Master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience.
1. Experience with AACSB accreditation processes, institutional research, and assessment management is preferred.
2. Develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
3. Possess the ability to multi-task, be self-motivated and detail-orientated, and be able to make decisions and work independently of other.
4. Significant knowledge and skill in analyzing data and preparing reports for state, federal, and accrediting agencies.
5. Ability to relate well with others and work collaboratively when preparing accreditation reports.
6. Exceptional organizational and public relation skills.
7. The ability to project a strong positive image of the University to many constituencies, both on- and off-campus.
8. Demonstrated technical skills (word documents, spreadsheets, and databases) and demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills
New Vacancy List Serve:Human Resources now has a list serve for current vacancies. Subscribers will receive weekly emails with current UIS vacancies.