10018306- Recruiter 1
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Admissions and Recruitment Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for a full-time Recruiter. This position is responsible for the recruitment and admission of students to Middle Georgia State University.
• Manages, plans and schedules recruitment events and activities for an assigned geographic area
• Travels to recruitment events to provide information to guidance counselors, parents, high school students, and non-traditional students
• Maintains records of events and contacts
• Assists with University open house events, preview days, and other enrollment events
• Assists with the operation of the student information and correspondence system
• Conducts campus tours for prospective students and parents
• Promotes and enhances community partnerships and relationships through collaboration with Academic Affairs and other Campus Stakeholders
• Assists with the development of promotional literature
• Attends professional meetings and training workshops
• Provides “case management” approach leading prospective students through the admission and enrollment process which includes a variety of communication strategies
• Performs other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of admission, registration and degree program requirements.
• Knowledge of academic standards governing the student population.
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention principles.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs, including the BANNER system.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, Communications or related field; must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make strong presentations to groups of prospective students and parents; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel); willing to travel within an assigned recruitment territory and some overnight stays along with occasional weekend work days; and possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Two (2) years of related experience in recruiting or sales; previous experience in higher education; and proficiency with the Banner student information system or database experience.
SALARY: Pay Grade 16
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will be posted until filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to [email protected] with the subject line “10018306- Recruiter – Macon 7-11-19”. Application materials are to include a resume, MGA Staff Application, a letter of interest which includes salary requirements, and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D