Continuing Education Information Technology Instructors
Department:: Adult and Continuing Education
Locations:: Des Plaines / Skokie, IL
Posted:: Jul 15, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time Faculty
About Oakton Community College :
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Non-Credit Teaching Positions - Fall 2019 and beyond
Community Education, which offers personal enrichment, professional development, and career training programs, is recruiting a qualified pool of instructors to provide high quality, engaging learning experiences for the community. We are particularly looking for instructors that can teach with enthusiasm and implement relevant teaching strategies to develop the skills of students. Further, it is the responsibility of instructors to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and strive to create an effective learning environment for a diverse population of students.
- Curriculum and syllabus development & Stipulating course objectives and content
- Preparation of course presentations and instructional materials
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting courses and laboratories (if appropriate) at scheduled times
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to decisions regarding instructional matters such as texts, course materials, and assignments
- Master's degree in relevant field
- 2+ years relevant experience, including the area of curriculum development
- Ability to work with adult students who wish to learn computer skills
- Teach basic computer skills to Continuing Education students on weekends or evenings
- Awareness and knowledge of student learning styles and strategies to address such variety
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed computer literacy including the ability to use online tools to supplement teaching
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning of the discipline area
- Willingness to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and create effective learning environments for diverse populations of students
Experience teaching: Basic computer, Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel), etc. Preferred Qualifications (from the Minimum Qualifications for Oakton Faculty document)*:
- Master's degree in the content area
- 5+ years relevant experience
Location: Des Plaines / Skokie
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.