#100584 (HR) Human Resources Assistant
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 07/16/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/26/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
UC San Diego Health Human Resources (HHR) mission is to attract and develop the talent who enable us to discover, teach, and heal. We are looking for two, customer service oriented professionals!
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant will be a direct contact for employee questions providing guidance to help resolve and provide quality customer experience. The HR Assistant will work directly with all units within HR and assist as needed whether it’s related to Operations, Benefits, etc. Manages direct phone call inquiries from employees and managers and provide immediate assistance or refer employee to more specialized areas for support.
This is a professional HR position that involves heavy phone support, high quality customer service with the ability to guide employees and managers to the appropriate next steps. The ideal candidate will be extremely detailed oriented, have excellent customer service skills and be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel and related programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Answer HR central phone line & provide customer support.
• Provide employees information about the full range of benefits available through UC, including retirement eligibility.
• Provide employees with standard information regarding department and organization HR practices and procedures.
• Provide administrative support to several of the following: talent acquisition, classification/compensation, employee relations, labor relations, benefits, operations and learning & organizational effectiveness.• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma; and/or equivalent experience.
Three (3+) or more years of relevant experience (customer service, office management, etc).
Proven experience and proven success providing front line customer support.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in HR.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlooks, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Experience working in a call center.
Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.