#100447 Clinical Lab Scientist Specialist
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 07/15/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/24/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision of a Senior Supervisor CLS, perform independently a wide variety of technical procedures in a section of the Department Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Other responsibilities include method development-modification-parallel testing, collaboration on or independent preparation of abstracts or manuscripts, repair of laboratory instruments, sample processing, reagent preparation, data entry and phlebotomy duties.
On a daily basis, assess overall workload for any area that needs help and help coworkers without being reassigned by the supervisor. Work is assigned daily and reviewed by supervisory personnel or designee. All Clinical Laboratory Scientists may process specimens, perform waived and non-waived testing without direct and constant supervision, and report results without supervisor or director review for the tests that are within their scope of licensure and for which they have been trained and deemed competent.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must have a current Clinical Laboratory Scientist or appropriate subspecialty license issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
Must have at least two (2) years of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with SoftLab LIS and Epic.
- Experience with automated laboratory instruments in Coagulation, Hematology, and Chemistry
- Experience with ACL Tops, Sysmex XN-5000, WAM, GEM4000, TEG, and Roche Cobas.
- Experience with Hematology manual differentials, with skills in identifying abnormal cells in both blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to work all shifts, week-ends, holidays, overtime, and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.