Registration Coordinator - Student Services, School of Dental Medicine
DescriptionThe Division of Student Services within the School of Dental Medicine is comprised of the Admissions Office, Student Affairs Office and Enrollment Services. The division is responsible for providing student-related services to approximately 1025 students enrolled in pre-doctoral and postdoctoral education programs at TUSDM. Enrollment Services includes both Financial Aid and the Registrar’s Offices. Enrollment Services – Registrar’s Office administers the university-based information system, maintains students’ physical and electronic records, provides accurate enrollment counts, verifies enrollment certifying attendance and graduation dates, provides licensure and career-based information, maintains and issues transcripts requested by internal and external parties, manages enrollment and enrollment reporting using the National Student Loan Clearinghouse, student and course registration and certification for Veterans benefits using the VA Once system.
The Registration Coordinator for the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine coordinates and maintains student academic records which include entering course registrations and grades, degree tracking, enrollment verification, graduation certification, FERPA compliance, and production of transcripts and diplomas. The person in this position provides assistance and guidance to faculty, staff and students to use PeopleSoft Student Information System (SIS). The Registration Coordinator works under the supervision of the Associate Registrar and Director of Enrollment Services, and in a collaborative manner with other areas within the Dental School and Tufts University. These offices include the Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Affairs, Advanced Graduate Education, International Affairs and the Health Science Bursar’s Office. In addition, the Registration Coordinator ensures the integrity and confidentiality of academic records.
- 2 or more years of higher education and at least one year of relevant experience OR high school/GED and 3 + years of relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical, managerial, oral and written communication, critical judgement and interpersonal skills.
- Database Management, Excel, Word, and Student Information Systems.
- Possess solid analytical and problem solving skills, outstanding communication and organizational skills, effective public speaking and presentation skills, ability to work effectively with diverse populations; administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- The Registration Coordinator should have the capability to develop, plan and implement short and long range goals.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive records and information, and aid co-workers and students by providing clear instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; general knowledge of student registration procedures, computerized student information systems preferred.
- Direct registrar-related experience in graduate or professional school setting is a plus.
- Preference will be given to applicants experienced with PeopleSoft, application of FERPA policies and procedures and other relevant federal and state policies and requirements.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Candidate must be able to occasionally work additional hours outside the normal workday and to help with a few student affairs sponsored events usually held evenings or on a Saturday.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Student Services - Dental
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 8, 2019, 8:35:10 AM