Associate Director for Diversity and Inclusion Education - Boston Health Sciences and Grafton C...
DescriptionTufts University seeks a creative, strategic, and results-oriented leader to spearhead an educational initiative aimed at promoting inclusive excellence across our health sciences and Grafton, MA veterinary school campuses. This position directly supports the Associate Provost and Chief Diversity Officer for Tufts University Health Science Schools and will work in close collaboration with the AP/CDO Medford and SMFA campus. This position will collaborate with different stakeholders at Tufts in order to plan, develop and implement trainings including, but not limited to. unconscious/implicit bias, anti-racism, restorative justice, Whiteness, anti-Blackness, bridging cultural gaps, LGBTQ issues and disability awareness.
This position will be dedicated to the intersectionality between race, cultural responsiveness, and social justice. This position will develop university-wide training and development agenda to improve the overall cultural competence and capacity of the Tufts community members and also help to develop institutional programs that promote a culture of inclusion and mutual respect.
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Master’s degree and 5 -8 years of experience in a role creating, managing and delivering high quality, comprehensive training. supporting Diversity and Inclusion; terminal degree preferred.
- Expertise in diversity & inclusion, unconscious bias, talent development, and organizational development within a global environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of critical race theory, feminism, queer theory, privilege, protected classes, micro-aggressions, cognitive empathy, and nonviolent communications.
- The ability to develop curriculum and deliver impactful presentation materials tailored to the needs of a wide range of audiences (students, faculty and staff) on all of Tufts’ campuses.
- A track record of leading and managing institutional change.
- Results oriented and data-driven, able to gather and analyze relevant data.
- Strong written and verbal Communication.
- Demonstrated creative resource-aware problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Provost's Office
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 15, 2019, 9:48:45 AM