Research Data Librarian - Tisch Library
- Coordinate and provide Tisch research data curation and management services, including data management plans and electronic lab notebook consultations, with other libraries and units.
- Develop and offer workshops in support of AS&E research data needs. Provide training and support to Tisch librarians around research data competencies.
- Work with faculty and other campus partners to advocate for appropriate development of research data archiving infrastructure.
- Develop best practices for collecting, preserving, and sharing research data.
- Participate on library and university teams and committees as needed, including
- representing library interests and concerns on campus research data teams and projects.
- Act as liaison to one or more departments.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in Library Science or Library & Information Science.
- 2 years of professional experience as a librarian in an academic library.
- 2 years of experience explaining complex topics to a variety of expert and non-expert audiences.
- 2 years of experience working with faculty and researchers on data management plans.
- 2 years of experience with common, major funder mandates for open data (e.g. NSF, NEH).
- 1 year of experience on cross-organizational teams working on data services and data strategy.
- Demonstrated educational or work experience* in the sciences, engineering, or in a lab.
- Demonstrated knowledge* in common data technologies (e.g. OpenRefine, GIS, OSF, DMPTool, LabArchives) and data repositories (e.g. Dataverse, FigShare).
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge equivalent to at least 6 months of professional experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer –minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Tisch Library
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2019, 3:10:33 PM