Financial Analyst III
DescriptionJob Purpose: Develop and compile financial data and conduct often complex analyses, reconciliations and projections in support of an academic, research or administrative unit. Prepare a full range of financially related reports. Areas of involvement may include costs studies, budget forecasts and pricing. May provide work direction to other financial and accounting personnel.Major Responsibilities:
- Define project scope based on general assignment.
- Develop and organize data required for projects; determine approach and develop project parameters.
- Perform or oversee required data entry, calculations, estimates, reconciliations, etc. consistent with project parameters.
- Prepare and present project results.
- Provide explanations of methodology employed as required.
- Remain current on financial reporting requirements, applicable regulations, processes, etc.
- May provide work direction to lower level financial personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Minimum of four years in professional level accounting/finance related field.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Specialized skills required for this job: Application of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices; advanced financial analysis and forecasting techniques; use of specialized financial/accounting related software; project organization and management; communications and presentation skills
- Preferred Education: MBA
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience preparing purchase orders and managing the encumbrance
- Preferred Certifications: Professional certification in accounting or financial analysis.
- Preferred Skills: Application of specialized skills within a university or government agency environment; ability to apply knowledge of regulations and reporting requirements specific to area of involvement. Familiar with 2 CFR 200, Uniform Guidance and the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Executive VP of Research
Job Posting: Jul 15, 2019, 10:49:29 AM