Faculty Support Coordinator
DescriptionJob Purpose: Perform and coordinate administrative and financial support activities required by assigned faculty member(s) and associated research group(s).Major Responsibilities:
- Coordinate proposal preparation and submission (data collection, tracking of statistical information, routing, editing).
- Compile information, confer with appropriate staff and prepare drafts of correspondence and reports.
- Process check requests including support documentation. Coordinate monthly purchases statement reconciliation. Enter purchase orders through accounting system.
- Assist PI's regarding interpretation and application of administrative policies and procedures .
- Liaise with financial office in coordinating oversight of sponsored project activity.
- Coordinate hiring process for assigned group by assembling personnel forms and arranging transportation and accommodation for new employees.
- Coordinate and participate in visits, meetings, seminars and video conferences.
- Maintain faculty calendars. Prepare and update faculty CVs and bio-sketches; update faculty members' database.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of administrative support processes required for an academic/research group within a university environment. Included are skills in financial record keeping, report writing, communications and customer service. Use of office and specialized computer applications and systems is required.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Minimum of five years in higher education
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Working knowledge of operational practices and procedures, applicable within higher education administration at the executive level, is essential for this role. This includes skills in organization, communications, problem solving and use of office and specialized computer applications.
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Sciences
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2019, 1:27:47 PM