Academic Program Manager I
DescriptionJob Purpose: Oversee administrative and logistical support to assigned degreedand/or non-degreed academic program offerings of an Institute academic unit.Facilitate the various actions required to successfully offer and conductacademic programs. These actions may range from student recruitment andretention to program development. May be responsible for setting employeegoals, assessing performance and providing feedback and making payrecommendations. Major Responsibilities:Coordinate the application process through response to prospect inquires, scheduling interviews, maintaining applicant records, etc.Oversee student recruitment/program promotional event preparation.Supervise/provide advice for students and prospective students regarding assigned program offerings and academic progress.Prepare and disseminate communications materials regarding programs.Develop and administer program budget.Prepare reports related to program performance.Review program processes and procedures, recommend modifications as appropriate.May plan and supervise daily staff work activities.Perform other related duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications:Education: Bachelor's degree in Academic Affairs, Business Management, Education or related fieldWork Experience: Five to six years job related experienceCertifications: N/ASkills: This job requires knowledge and skills related to educational program management and administration; supervision, customer service, oral and written communications; organization; multi-tasking; maintaining accounting records; and, use of basic and specialized computer applications.
- Education: Master's degree or higher in highereducation, student development, or counseling
- Work Experience: Experience in academic affairs, academicadvising, or higher education with a focus on student support services
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Experiencewith Banner and student/customer relationship management tools; Experience withcounseling, advising or academic coaching in a higher education environment.
*This is a part-time (50%, approx. 20hours per week), non-benefits eligible position. ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepareand update course schedules and assist Associate Chair of Undergraduate Studieswith maintenance of course catalogue; Distribute/collect course evaluations
- Provideadvice to targeted populations of students regarding readmission, academicprogress, etc.
- Plan/coordinateother programs & initiatives to support student academic endeavors anddevelopment and academic well-being
- Respondto faculty requests for assistance with administrative or student-relatedissues
Lead the selection and evaluation ofundergraduate course assistants Impact & Influence:
Thisposition will interact on a consistent basis with: academic administrators,faculty members, prospective students, enrolled students. This positiontypically will advise and counsel: prospects, students. This position willsupervise: May supervise academic advising and administrative staff members. Job:
College of EngineeringJob Posting:
Jul 9, 2019, 11:07:54 AMSchedule:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University