Business Systems Analyst, Advanced Entry - GeorgiaBEST
Title:Business Systems Analyst, Advanced Entry - GeorgiaBEST Job Category:Staff Description:
This is an advanced entry level position responsible for assisting with analysis of business problems and assessing how information systems can be utilized to address them. The position assists in the collection and analysis of data and helps provide quality analytics to researchers and decision makers within the higher education system in support of business/data solutions related to Banner Student Accounts Receivable.
The major duties for this position include:
• Assisting in managing database, student information systems, and business management system operations.
• Assisting in defining requirements and steps necessary to achieve institutional goals.
• Assisting in identifying areas in need of improvement or refinement; assisting in the design and development of solutions.
• Assisting in managing projects as assigned, including application upgrades.
• Assisting in managing system integrations for system institutions.
• Assisting in identifying and implementing appropriate testing strategies; preparing resulting test cases and scenarios; assisting institutions with user acceptance testing.
• Working with users and stakeholders to define, analyze, recommend, and implement system improvements.
• Providing functional support to end users on multiple application system modules.
• Assisting in integration of various application systems.
• Assisting in developing and delivering end user training.
• Creating and updating end user documentation.
• Acting as a liaison to vendors.
• Participating in professional development activities; attending conferences and workshops.
• Scheduling and performing weekly maintenance.
• Responding to after-hours emergencies.
• Assisting in managing change control processes as the result of upgrades, patches, customizations and change requests.
• Collaborating with other ITS departments to develop custom solutions, fixes and patches.
• Assisting in designing scalable solutions to support collaborative operations.
• Preparing a variety of system reports.
• Performing related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• At least one year of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement principles.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
• Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
• Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the provision of support to end users.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of and experience with federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
• Knowledge of USG business procedures and best practices.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches (including, but not limited to functional testing procedures).
• Knowledge of Accounts Receivable (Bursar), Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar processes and procedures.
• Skill in reporting and data analysis.
• Exposure to student information systems software (Banner), performance analytics, continuous improvement practices, ITIL, Microsoft Office applications, and other relevant technologies.
• Experience in composing requirements gathering and specification documentation.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work with faculty, executive administrators, staff, students and external stakeholders.
• Exhibit a positive, professional, solutions-oriented attitude, a drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player in a pressured and fast-paced environment.
• Exposure to project management within complex functional and technical systems.
• Experience working in collaborative projects where multiple groups are engaged independently to contribute to overall project goals.
• Experience in managing and carrying out multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated follow-up, coordination, and effective problem resolution skills.
• Excellent organization skills, self-directed, and naturally collaborative in nature for solution design and problem resolution.
• Ability to apply business knowledge and practical experience to the identification, analysis, root cause and resolution process.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal and written formats.
• Ability to effectively work in a faced-past environment, and prioritize tasks in alignment with the priorities of the organization.
• Ability to adapt quickly and work in a highly changeable work environment.
• Ability to respond professionally and diplomatically to sensitive and critical information/issues.
• Ability to work independently and in collaborative group settings.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to present information in an engaging, professional and effective manner.