Lifeguard - Ambler Campus Pool
Temple University, Ambler Campus is in need of Lifeguards for the upcoming pool season. The pool will open the first week of June and will close by the end of September. We are looking for a Lifeguard with prior pool experience and the ability to work flexible shifts throughout the summer. The ideal candidate will have excellent skills in the water and as well as Red Cross lifeguard and CPR certification.
* Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
* Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule
* Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
* Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions
* Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests
* Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool
* Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Ambler-Ambler Campus-Gymnasium
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular