Prospect Management and Research Analyst
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $16.83 - $19.23 HourlyTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription POSITION SUMMARY:The Prospect Management and Research Analyst, a newly-created, full-time position, offers support to the Office of Institutional Advancement by providing biographical and philanthropic research on donors and prospects, while also overseeing the management of Institutional Advancement’s solicitation portfolios and pipelines. The Prospect Management and Research Analyst coordinates and performs research and screening requests for Flagler College, while also undertaking proactive research to identify new prospects. The Prospect Management and Research Analyst works closely with Development Officers to ensure prospect portfolios are actively moving, and that Flagler College fundraisers have the resources and information available to build effective donor relationships. The Prospect Management and Research Analyst reports to the Director of Advancement Services.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents Flagler College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Flagler College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Flagler College – an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Performs routine prospect discovery research related to new donors, event attendees, incoming parents, and lost alumni.
- Processes all requests for research profiles and wealth screenings within the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Reviews publications and local news to identify new prospects for Flagler College.
- Coordinates with other departments to identify parents and community prospects who had not been identified in Institutional Advancement.
- Creates a consistent prospect pipeline for development officers, presenting new prospects at each prospect meeting and making recommendations for contact.
- Oversees prospect moves management and reporting to ensure donors and prospects continue to be contacted throughout the fiscal year.
- Establishes standards, policies, and best practices for prospect research.
- Assists with general analysis of data as it relates to fundraising and donor recognition.
- Keeps up with news and trends in prospect research and management.
- Assists with annual alumni and donor events.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled and reviewed on a rolling basis.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- One to two years of experience with related work experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge.
- Familiarity with database, research, and prospect management practices.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work cooperatively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to stay at a desk and maintain focus on tasks for extended periods of time.
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.