Director of Campaign Planning and Strategy
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $52,000.00 - $65,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category ManagementDescription Position Description:Flagler College seeks a Director of Campaign Planning and Strategy, a newly-created, full-time position responsible for implementing and completing the first-ever multi-million dollar comprehensive campaign. This fundraising effort will support financing of campus expansion projects through new construction and renovation of existing buildings; endowment funds to support scholarships, professorships, funds for program excellence and adding to the existing reserve for future capital growth; programmatic funds to provide seed funding to support enhancement projects for students, as well as faculty/staff needs and priorities. The Director will work closely with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and other essential staff to carry out a broad-based fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies to support this initiative.The Director of Campaign Planning and Strategy, will oversee the planning and implementation of integrated campaign strategies including developing and planning a campaign roadmap; overseeing the teams responsible for stewardship, events, and campaign volunteer management; and working collaboratively and synergistically with the internal communications team to develop the campaign’s formal identity and theme to ensure coordination of messaging, effort and success against campaign goals.The Director will develop and clearly communicate campaign timelines, establish and monitor goals, and coordinate appropriate events related to the campaign. Monitoring and reporting on progress with the most important prospective donors on campaign priorities as well as fostering relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders are a priority. Key to this role will be the Director’s ability to establish methods, plans or programs required to meet Flagler College’s development objectives and to build greater alignment through managing the events, communications and stewardship teams to ensure they coalesce with front-line activities that are delivered with a blend of quality and cost-effectiveness, advance campaign priorities, and are a platform for institutional messaging.Primary Responsibilities:Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and working closely with development staff and key volunteers, this position is responsible for the following:
- Organize and direct fundraising feasibility and planning studies for Flagler; coordinate the study, develop study materials, and conduct personal, confidential interviews; compile survey responses, prepare and present a written report detailing study findings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Flagler Leadership Team, Campaign Volunteers and Development Staff to design and implement a successful multi-million dollar comprehensive fund-raising campaign to expand services/initiatives and implement the vision of the strategic plan and campus master plan.
- Provide staffing to all volunteer campaign leadership in the recruitment and orientation of campaign volunteers, and solicitation of leadership gifts; maintain a master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign leadership on track; meet regularly to inform and involve Board of Trustees, Endowment Board and Campaign Leadership volunteers in campaign activities; prepare all correspondence, including meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, solicitation packets, written proposals, thank you letters, and other follow-up materials; accompany campaign volunteers and staff on appropriate cultivation and/or solicitation calls.
- Compile all profile information on individual, corporate, foundation, and other prospects to review with campaign volunteers and staff; plan and execute effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation plans for all campaign prospects; establish solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists and research, develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects; ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files; manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present; recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals.
- Work with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Development staff to develop campaign communications, creating content for the e-newsletter and talking points for the media; integrate campaign milestones into ongoing public relations outreach; manage the writing and development of campaign print and electronic collateral materials and coordinate their design and production.
- Manage the campaign fundraising budget.
- Perform the above and any other duties necessary for effective and efficient implementation of campaign plans and activities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A demonstrated record of experience providing strategic direction, leadership and daily management of campaign activities
- Experience developing and maintaining strategic, high-level relationships with donors and volunteers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of external and internal constituents
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment and producing results under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience and willingness to use data-informed decision-making to advance the overall fundraising organization
- Demonstrated understanding of effective online communication to diverse audiences and engaging supporters to mobilize others to give
- Strong project leadership, administration, and planning skills to enable the delivery of projects on time, on budget and to deliver clear objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, set and review goals, and assess risks and outcomes.
- Campaign experience in Higher Education