Post-Doc Non-Teaching - PSS4
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Post-Doc Non-Teaching - PSS4
Job no: 493653
Work type: Temporary full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of the Position: One Year
The duration might be extended depending on
performance and availability of funds.
Responsibilities of the postdoctoral fellow:
Working under the supervision of CREATEs research faculty and , the postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for leading the research activities on one or more funded projects. Specifically he/she will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing day-to-day research activities.
- Supervising graduate and undergraduate students working on assigned projects.
- Ensuring assigned research project(s) is(are) progressing according to schedule.
- Providing regular updates to supervisors.
- Documenting and analyzing research results.
- Preparing and making presentations to funding agencies.
- Writing papers for publication in refereed journals.
- Responding to Requests for Proposals (RPFs) and submitting successful and well-written proposals.
- Preparing progress reports and writing final project reports.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering. Expertise in portland cement concrete materials
- Must complete defense and obtain dissertation committee approval proper to joining.
If interested, please submit the following to URL link:
- Curriculum vitae and at least one publication in which you were the leading author.
- Names and contact information of two references.
For further information please contact:
Gilson R. Lomboy D.Eng., Ph.D., P.E.
Center for Research and Education in Advanced Transportation Engineering Systems (CREATEs)
Email: [email protected]
Advertised: Jul 9 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 23 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time