ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - PROVOST AND ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2452Job TitleADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - PROVOST AND ACADEMIC AFFAIRSDepartmentProvost and Academic AffairsSchool/Parent OrganizationProvost and Academic Affairs Parent OrgDivisionProvost and Academic Affairs DivisionEmployment CategoryParttime-RegularAnticipated start date08/19/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week37.5Weeks Per Year40Normal Start Time08:30Normal End Time17:00Position/Job Summary
Provide administrative and secretarial support within the Office of the Provost and Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs. Serve as the first point of contact for greeting and directing visitors to the office, answer telephones, and provide information to students, staff, and faculty regarding PRWC 3rd floor. Manage calendars and travel schedules, receive confidential information and inquiries and prepare correspondence. Prepare and distribute agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe meeting minutes and project discussion items and materials in support of various committees and special initiatives. Maintain confidential academic and other records, files, and documents. This position would be 9 months from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (January, June and July off).Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Perform administrative and secretarial responsibilities in direct support of the Associate Provost for Academic Programs as needed; prepare correspondence, reports and other documents, schedule meetings and appointments, maintain calendars and make travel arrangements, prepare and process travel authorizations and expense reports as needed.
2. Serve as the first point of contact for greeting, screening and directing callers and visitors to the 3rd floor of PRW. Answer telephones, take messages and respond to questions and general inquiries.
3. Provide administrative and secretarial support for Phi Kappa Phi. Assist in scheduling meetings, prepare and distribute agendas, attend meetings and record/transcribe meeting minutes and provide discussion materials. Prepare correspondences and reports in support of committee chair(s). Coordinate Phi Kappa Phi Events – one in the fall, one in the spring.
4. Coordinate student participation in College-sponsored research conference participation (e.g., NCUR). Make travel arrangements, maintain lists of student participation, and liaise with faculty chaperones.
5. Provide administrative support for ROTC and Provost Academic Challenge and Mini Grants, as well as scheduling for Title IX.
6. Process purchasing and other financial records. Reconcile procurement card transaction. Prepare requisitions and process E-Z Payments within college financial and human resource systems.
7. Maintain various websites, including Phi Kappa Phi, and NCUR as well as Sakai sites or other related sites.
8. Transcribing of minutes as assigned; Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
9. Serve as back-up for other administrative and secretarial support for meetings and minutes when regular support person is unavailable.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
11. Other duties as assigned.Position/Job Qualifications
Associate’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ of previous office experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment, excellent organizational skill, solid working knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications; ability to multi-task and process sensitive and confidential information; previous experience maintaining and reconciling office and project budgets, and good attention to detail are required. Previous experience working with on-line information systems, on-line corporate calendars and experience working in a college or university setting are preferred.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$16.50 to $18.50FLSA StatusNon-ExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16211Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).