Faculty, Industrial Automation/Industrial Maintenance (Mechatronics), Full-time 9.5 Month Tenur...
To create a requisition, first complete the information on this screen, then click <strong>Next>></strong>. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the requisition to Recruiting Office, you must click on the <strong>Next>></strong> button from the last section. Once a summary page appears, hover on the <strong>Take Action On Posting</strong> button and select the appropriate approval step. The Take Action Box will appear where you can enter Comments and add the posting to your Watchlist. Select the <strong>Submit</strong> button to successfully transition you posting to the next appropriate level.Posting Details Posting NumberF192250Working Job TitleFaculty, Industrial Automation/Industrial Maintenance (Mechatronics), Full-time 9.5 Month Tenure-track, Harrisburg CampusDepartmentHarrisburg Engineering/Technology StaffCampusHarrisburgPosition NumberF00004Job CategoryFacultyStatusPermanentIf temporary, enter anticipated assignment dateFLSAJob TypeFull-Time 9.5 monthIf part time, hours per weekStart Date DesiredAdvertised Hiring Range$40,170 - $53,970Job Summary
Provides academic instruction and student academic support for the Engineering/Technology department. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction including governance activities.Essential Job Functions
· Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus.
· Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students.
· Provided high quality academic support and advising to students.
· Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
· Keep students informed about their progress through prompt grading of papers and other work.
· Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
· Maintain scheduled office hours.
· Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
· Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
· Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
· Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner.
Teaches assigned Mechatronics courses.
Participates in curriculum development and maintenance.
Provides academic support and advising to students including establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours.
Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc, faculty, campus, division and discipline committees.
Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty through participation on assigned search committees.
Participates in college and community service activities.
Participates in professional growth activities and maintains awareness of new trends and developments within areas of instructional responsibility.
Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience
Associate degree in industrial automation, mechatronics, electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering or closely related field and two years of industry experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Bachelor’s degree must be completed with 5 years of date of employment.
Willingness to teach day, evening, weekend, and on or off-campus classes.Licensing Requirements
All HACC faculty are required to have completed the following clearances and training:
-Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
-Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
-Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check
-Mandated Reporter Training (3 hour)
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, standing, feeling, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work includes standing most of the time. Walking and standing are constantly required with occasional sitting.
Working conditions: Worker is exposed to high levels of noise, potential safety hazards, and high speed equipment with moving parts.Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Preferred: teaching or work experience in two or more of the following areas:
•OSHA 30 train the trainer certification
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Knowledge of and experience with personal computers and software
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of instructional technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish positive
relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.HACC's Vision Statement
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.HACC's Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an Associate degree or higher level degree in industrial automation, mechatronics, electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering or closely related field?
- * Do you have 2 years industry experience?
- * Please describe your teaching or work experience in at least two of the following areas: (OSHA 30 train the trainer certification, PLC's, Hydraulics, Sensor Technology, Power Transmission, Industrial Robotics, and/or Electrical Technology).
(Open Ended Question)
- * If you do not currently have a Bachelor's degree, are you willing and able to complete your Bachelor's degree within five years of your employment date?
- * Are you willing and able to teach day, evening, weekend, and on-or off-campus classes?
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * What is your definition of diversity and why do you think the concepts of inclusion and diversity are important in this role.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document