Membership & Communications Coordinator
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-12
Job TitleMembership & Communications CoordinatorAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentVice President of Institutional AdvancementProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Membership & Communication Coordinator is responsible for supporting and ensuring success of the Alumni Association membership program, on-campus events, and the Alumni Brick Garden. Assists in the development and implementation of engagement strategies and programs in an effort to increase alumni involvement and philanthropy at A&M-Commerce. Efforts will be primarily focused on digital communication including social media, e-newsletters and other multimedia.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as primary contact for the membership program of the Alumni Association for membership solicitations and implementing membership recruitment and retention strategies. Solicits alumni for giving to the alumni scholarship program. Utilizes and maintain systems and procedures related to alumni membership. Performs major membership solicitations, such as electronic appeals, mailings, social media campaigns, and phone-a-thons, as well as best practices from other alumni associations.
- Serves as the main contact to actively engage alumni and friends of the university through the alumni association website, Email, Facebook page, and other appropriate social media including but not limited to Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Coordinates and completes marketing, orders (receiving and placing), installation and thank you correspondence for Alumni Brick Garden.
- Coordinates processes for Spring, Summer and Fall graduations including Senior Challenge processes.
- Assist Director with on campus events to include the following: Alumni Ambassador Forum, Alumni Awards Gala, Fifty Year Club, ROTC Reunion, Golf Tournament and all other campus events involving alumni relations. Assists in all aspects of catering, room reservations, room set up, event registration, managing vendor relationships, recruiting and coordinating event volunteers, and overseeing set up and tear down of events, printed and marketing materials, mail correspondence, communication with president’s office, VPs, deans and department heads. Ensures follow-up activities are completed. (e.g., database updates, acknowledgements, and billing status). Responsible for updating event and attendees in Raiser’s Edge.
- Acts as first point of contact for room reservations. Keeps calendar of events and assigns room set up to student workers. First point of contact with Sodexo as it pertains to meals in building.
- Serve as an active team member participating in creative brainstorm sessions, strategy creation and implementation and development of metrics-based alumni engagement campaigns.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in in journalism, public relations or related area (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of experience (direct or indirect with transferable skills), experience with all social media platforms. Experience using Microsoft Office in a Mac/PC environment. Ability to exercise initiative. Excellent written and oral communication skills Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work individually or as a team. Ability to prioritize, organize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines. Ability to work a flex schedule (work nights and weekends as needed). Ability to travel.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Communications, event planning and/or writing and editing publications experience. Knowledge of promotional, feature and news writing styles.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
and work cooperatively with others.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.