Communications Specialist III
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-08
Job TitleCommunications Specialist IIIAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentMarketing CommunicationsProposed Minimum Salary$4,333.34 monthlyJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Communications Specialist Ill, under general supervision, creates, reviews, edits, and assists in the production of content across multiple channels, including web, social media, print, radio, and video. A successful candidate will bring strong performance marketing experience, an analytical mindset, superb attention to detail, and a deep understanding of audience engagement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Authors content for several specific deliverables, including the campus alumni magazine, annual reports, brochures, academic publications, news releases, technical papers, newsletters, posters, presentations, and university web pages.
• Superior organizational and writing skills, in both verbal and written forums, with strong editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point and Google applications.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Works with campus leadership to develop and publish strategic communications.
• Serves as principal editor for departmental media deliverables.
• Conducts background research and interviews for use in content creation.
• Assists with the preparation of communications deliverables for university and departmental press briefings, media interviews, advertising, recruitment materials, promotional activities, and special events.
• Fosters relationships with campus partners and key personnel to create relevant and accurate marketing collateral.
• Assists in maintaining a tracking system or project timelines.
• Assists in the execution and monitoring of university social media content.
• Assists in efforts to engage internal and external audiences via social media.
• Select appropriate medium for message and audience context.
• Standardize content as appropriate across platforms and media.
• Ability to create high-quality documentation with precision.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them understandable.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Master’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
• Experience: Four (4) years of related experience (direct or indirect with transferable skills) required.
• Knowledge/ Skills: Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong proficiency with social media tools that support successful communication distribution, scheduling, and reporting.
• Ability to: Multitask and work cooperatively with others. Present information clearly and concisely. Ability to work within a project management system.
Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
Physical Requirements: None
Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION /SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Master's degree in related field. Experience with marketing copywriting and editing - minimum two (2) years.
• Experience in using WordPress CMS, at a minimum understanding principles and structure of the platform, and how to maintain content.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.