Assistant Professor or Associate Professor - ACCOUNTING
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-09
Job TitleAssistant Professor or Associate Professor - ACCOUNTINGAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentAccountingProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Assistant / Associate Professor serves as a tenure-track position as a full-time 9 month appointment. Preference will be given to Assistant Professor candidates. Applicants may be considered for the rank of Associate Professor with an exceptional record of scholarship; evidence of teaching excellence: demonstrated leadership and service. All areas of the discipline will be considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Prepare syllabi and update course materials
- Advise and/or mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Develop curriculum for new and/or existing undergraduate and/or graduate programs
- Deliver instruction both online and/or on any of the university campuses (Commerce or Dallas-area)
- Experience teaching classes online or in a hybrid format
- Teach (as needed) during the day and/or in the evening
- Engage in scholarly activities leading to publications in well-respected peer-reviewed journals
- Work cooperatively with others in the department, college, university, profession and community
- Contribute service to the department, college, university, profession and community
- Contribute to the facilitation of a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Education: Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution or Ph. D or DBA in a closely related discipline from an AACSB accredited program (must include a minimum of 18 hours in graduate level accounting). Candidates that are ABD will be considered but degree must be conferred on or before January 15th for Spring appointments and on or before August 15th for Fall appointments.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: able or have teaching experience in any of the following areas: Auditing, Accounting Information Systems, Taxation, Government/Not-for-Profit Accounting, Forensic Accounting, and/or Financial Accounting. Track record of scholarly publications in well-respected peer-reviewed journals. If ABD, evidence of ability to publish in well-respected journals. Strong background in teaching in a face to face and/or online format. Experience engaging students with synchronous and asynchronous communication in an online learning environment. Good written and oral communication skills. Candidates must meet the AACSB standards for "Scholarly Academic". Proficient in the English language both orally and in writing. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
FOR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: High-quality scholarship with a record of research publications and presentations.. Substantial record of scholarly research productivity. Demonstrated teaching ability and experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Experience directing doctoral dissertations. Leadership experiences with a professional association or as an academic program coordinator/director. Demonstrated expertise in developing or teaching an online course. Demonstrated experience in curriculum and program development. Proficient in the English language both orally and in writing. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and be committed to the preparation of graduates to meet the needs of the divers populations of the region.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Industry experience. Teaching and/or research experience with a diverse student body, and who have experience in multicultural settings. CPA, CFE, CIA, EA or CFF Designations.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.